Latest posts by Makeba Giles (see all)
- Is Using an Online Drugstore Really a Better Choice? - January 12, 2018
- Improve Your Health by Using These 3 Simple Hacks to Get a Better Sleep - January 11, 2018
- Pack Your Bags: A New Series of Luxury China Tours is Now Available - December 20, 2017
What would you give up if you had the chance for an all-expense paid family vacation to a dream destination? Is there a concert or sports event that you can’t miss no matter the location? You may be surprised by 2017 top travel trends and preferences.
Approximately one-third (30 percent) of U.S. adults say they are more likely to take a vacation this year compared to 2016, and they’re looking for a new kind of family travel experience.
Some of the most sought-after vacation experiences for 2017 include:
- Experiential Travel: Both novice and expert travelers alike are seeking travel experiences that help to facilitate a deeper connection to the cultures, people and traditions of a destination. One option is booking tours that include opportunities to dine with local families or receive hands-on tutorials from local craftspeople.
- O Canada: Canada is an increasingly popular vacation destination, thanks to its close location and favorable currency exchange rates that make trips there affordable and accessible to more families. Canada will also celebrate its 150th birthday in 2017, offering visitors many opportunities to experience special events and learn more about the country’s history and traditions.
- National Parks: The National Park Service celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2016, to great fanfare. Following all-time record visitation in 2015, the national parks remain an attractive vacation destination for many. In fact, more families say they are as likely to visit a national park through the first half of this year, building on the momentum of last year’s centennial celebrations.
Before setting out on a vacation, families should seek expert advice of a trusted travel advisor who can provide personalized service and first-hand destination knowledge to create a memorable vacation experience for every traveler in their group.
Travel Expert Kendra Thornton joined me to share more about 2017 top travel trends revealed in a recent survey by Choice Hotels, including a closer look at top destinations, favorite travel rituals, and what families may splurge on while on vacation.
2017 Top Travel Trends
Take a look below.
2017 Top Travel Trends
Meet Our Guest
With a lifetime of travel industry experience, Kendra Thornton is a nationally recognized travel expert, successful entrepreneur, second-generation family business owner, public speaker, wife and mother of three young children. Kendra grew up in the travel industry with parents who founded Royal Travel & Tours, the largest travel agency chain in north central Illinois. The family business afforded her the opportunity to travel the world starting at a young age – her first international trip was to the Bahamas at 3 months old. A wife and mother of three young children, Kendra has been traveling with her kids, oftentimes solo, since they were infants.