Latest posts by Makeba Giles (see all)
- Home Winter Woes: How Powerful Does Your Furnace Need to Be? - January 16, 2018
- Is Using an Online Drugstore Really a Better Choice? - January 12, 2018
- Improve Your Health by Using These 3 Simple Hacks to Get a Better Sleep - January 11, 2018
*I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Kmart & March of Dimes. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation
If you have been here with me on MELISASource for a period of time, than you know how passionate I am about the subject of healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Having several family members who have experienced premature births, as well as having my own scare during the birth of my oldest son, I know how valuable research and treatment development can be in making a difference in the lives of newborn and their family.
This is one of the many reasons why I support the March of Dimes. They help moms have full-term pregnancies and healthy babies. If something goes wrong, they offer information and comfort to families. They also research the problems that threaten babies and work advocate for prevention.
This year, the folks at Kmart have partnered with celebrity fitness icon, mom and Kmart ambassador Jillian Michaels to for its 2015 March of Dimes fundraising campaign. The funds raised by Kmart will help support the research being done to discover the causes of premature birth and develop innovative treatments at five March of Dimes Prematurity Research Centers nationwide.
It is easy for Kmart shoppers to join in on the fundraising efforts. Donations can be made in-person at any Kmart store, and online on the Kmart.com/MarchofDimes website, with 100 percent of funds raised benefiting the March of Dimes. Shoppers can also purchase Kmart’s collectible puppy figurine, available in-store or online for $5, with $1 from each sale being donated to the March of Dimes.
Shop Your Way members will receive an extra special treat for supporting the cause, too. From now through June 20, Kmart Shop Your Way members will receive a coupon for five percent back in points on their next qualifying in-store or online merchandise purchase when a donation is made to the March of Dimes.
In the past three decades, Kmart has raised more than $125 million dollars for the March of Dimes. The fuds raised have done far more than help advance the work being done by March of Dimes on behalf of newborns. It has also helped equip mothers with the resources they need to ensure a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
Donations to the March of Dimes have helped moms and babies by:
- Providing the best information on healthy pregnancy and delivery
- Advocating for better healthcare coverage for the most vulnerable
- Fighting for better newborn screening standards in every state
- Helping moms to overcome substance abuse with community outreach programs
- Increasing access to prenatal care with mobile clinics and transportation to doctors
- Educating generations of parents on the value of vaccination
You can make an impact for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. Head to your local Kmart store or to the Kmart.com/MarchofDimes website to make a donation today.
kmart march of dimes
***Also be sure to enter my Kmart March of Dimes Giveaway!***
I am hosting a giveaway for the March of Dimes!
Exciting, right!! Here’s the details of the giveaway, and remember: all are welcome to enter!
Two (2) lucky winners will receive the following:
One (1) exclusively designed Jillian Michaels/ March of Dimes t-shirt.
Entering is easy!! All you have to do is:
- Leave a comment below telling me why you love the March of Dimes.
And viola – you’re entered! 🙂
This giveaway ends on Saturday, May 9th at 12pm CST. The winner will be announced/notified on the same day in the evening on the MELISASource Facebook Page.
- Open to U.S. residents 18 and older only.
- You must leave a comment below on this post to be considered as ‘entered’ in the drawing. (‘response’ comments have been disabled for this post.)
- Random.org will be used to select the winners.
- When entering your comment below, a valid email address must be used (no worries, it does not show visible on the site).
- If the selected winner does not claim their prize within 24 hours, another winner will be selected.
- Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstakes, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central.
kmart march of dimeswatch
Be sure to enter! ~Good Luck!