Latest posts by Makeba Giles (see all)
- Book Review: Higher is Waiting by Tyler Perry - November 17, 2017
- Expert Advice: Taking a Positive, Active Approach to Managing COPD - November 17, 2017
- Holiday Decor Made Easier with At Home: My Favorite Things - November 16, 2017
Selecting the right health and prescription drug plans is crucial, and plans can change every year. The annual enrollment period is here, and it’s the time of year when people with Medicare can select the Medicare Advantage health plan or prescription drug plan best suited for them.
Humana is committed to helping Hispanic Baby Boomers achieve their best health so that they can continue to pursue what is most important to them. Choosing the plan that’s right for you or your loved one can seem overwhelming, so it is important to stay informed.
Jeffrey Fernandez, Vice President of the Western Segment for the Medicare Advantage plans at Humana joined me to discuss what to keep in mind when selecting a plan including:
- Costs (premiums, deductibles and copayments, and maximum out-of-pocket limits).
- Doctor and hospital networks.
- The list of medications Medicare prescription drug plans cover.
- Changes to current plans.
- Differences between Original Medicare and MA plans.
Take a listen below.
About Our Guest:
Jeffrey Fernandez currently serves as Vice President, Western Segment for the Medicare Advantage plans at Humana, which includes P/L responsibility for 16 Western states (WA, OR, CA, NV, ID, UT, AZ, CO, NM, KS, OK, TX, MO, AR, LA, MS).
Previously, he served as the VP for the Central Division and started his career in the Medicare Advantage space as the Regional President of the Gulf States Region (Louisiana and Mississippi). Prior to his roles focusing on Medicare Advantage, Jeff was Vice President of Provider Operations for Humana’s Gulf States Region, which included responsibility for all provider contracting and relations. He started his career with Humana in 2005 as Director of Provider contracting in Louisiana.